maniratnam settai Team Maniratnams surprise for Settai Team!Director Kannan was in for a pleasant surprise recently when his guru, Mani Ratnam, dropped in on the location where he was shooting for his Settai. The ace director chatted with the unit for a while before he left.
Kannan recalls, “I was shooting for the climax in a hotel in RK Salai when Mani Ratnam dropped in. He had come there to work out in his gym, and had stopped by to meet us. He asked me what I was shooting and how the film has come out till now. I explained the schedule to him, and he told me he’d like to see the film once it was ready. He even jovially asked me if I was the one who was holding up the traffic. He also chatted with my unit hands before he went inside the hotel.” The team has just finished canning a portion of the film in Mumbai. While Thaman is currently working on the final mixing, we hear the audio launch of the film has been planned for sometime next month.
Kannan adds, “The film will also release in Telugu, and Naughty Boys is just a tentative title.”