Home » » Kamal Haasan refused to star in Moondram Pirai Sequel

Kamal Haasan refused to star in Moondram Pirai Sequel


Kamal says no to moodram pirai

‘Ulaganayagan’ Kamal Haasan is not for remaking old classics; especially if the remake movie is his own film made in the seventies and eighties. “At the outset, I would love to clarify that I don’t want to remake my old hit films for the simple reason that I may not be suitable at present to re-enact those roles,” says Kamal Haasan.
Remaking old classics and super-duper hit films has been becoming a trend in the past few years. While it can be appreciated as an effort to bring to the present generation’s notice the ‘feel’ of classic films of the bygone era, there has been accusation from certain quarters alleging that remaking old films only means lack of ‘imagination and creativity’ on the part of script-writers and film-makers.
Many classic films by Kamal Haasan, made in Tamil and Hindi in the seventies and eighties, are ready to go under the ‘remake’ scanner provided the consent for the same is given by the respective producers. However, commenting on the remake trend, Kamal has said that “I have also heard talks of remaking classics such as Sadma (Hindi version of Moondram Pirai) and Ek Duuje Ke Liye.
“In the first place, I won’t be suitable anymore to re-enact those roles. Secondly, I’m not for changing the script of those films while re-making them. I was approached to star in the sequel to Sadma wherein the script was penned in such a manner that the heroine regains her ‘consciousness’ and comes in search of the hero. I don’t think I’d fit that role. Moreover, the tragic end was the ‘crux’ of the original film and changing it might not work at all,” he concluded.

0 comments:

கருத்துரையிடுக

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "

Blogger இயக்குவது.

More Latest News

Ads 468x60px

Social Icons

Followers

Latest News

Featured Posts